How to Get Syrup Out of Carpet
📅 February 07, 2022•
⏱️2 min read
A syrup is a thick sweet sticky substance that can be hard to remove from the carpet. Syrup can accidentally spill on the rug and damage the carpet's fabric. Furthermore, it can ruin the carpet fabric (if you do not handle it with care).
Note that there are different kinds of syrup - cough syrup, maple syrup, corn syrup, and chocolate syrup.
So, as a homeowner, use the following effective home remedies to eliminate the syrup from the carpet.
Tip: Almost all kinds of syrup contain sugar. Thus, approach this situation with sugar-eliminating approaches.
Maple syrup can be hard to eliminate. However, you can effectively remove it with the correct step-by-step guide.
- Cotton fabric cloth
- Dishwashing detergent
- Warm water
- Gently remove the excess syrup from the carpet with a scraper or any other similar tool.
- Mix 1 part dishwashing solution with 2 parts warm water in a bowl
- Blot the stain with a clean cloth or sponge
- Repeat the above procedure until the syrup begins to disappear
- Scrub the area with a cotton fabric cloth until foam begins to appear
- Add ammonia solution to the mixture if the stain is stubborn
- Blot the stained area until it is clear
- Rinse with enough clean water
- Allow the carpet to dry
Cough syrup is a bit more challenging to eliminate compared to maple syrup.
- Paper towel and sponge
- Hydrogen peroxide
- Warm water
- Blot the syrup stain with a paper towel. Alternatively, use a scraper or any other similar tool to remove the excess syrup from the carpet.
- Mix 1 part ammonia with ½ part water, then saturate the area
- Apply liquid or powder detergent, then blot with a sponge or paper towel
- Rinse with enough water
- Blot the area to remove the moisture
- Use the hydrogen peroxide if the stain is still present. Add enough hydrogen peroxide over the stain, then let it sit for an hour. DO NOT rinse the area.
Maple and cough syrup can be very difficult to eliminate from the carpet fabrics if you do not have the correct step-by-step guide. Luckily, the above two discussed methods are the most effective house cleaning techniques to remove maple and cough syrup from the carpet.
Use these methods for efficient outcomes.