How to Get Rust Out of Carpet
📅 January 25, 2022•
⏱️3 min read
Unnoticed moisture from underneath the living room or dining room furniture can cause rust on your carpet. But sometimes, the rust can arise from accidental spills caused by carpet cleaning appliances.
Most homeowners throw away carpets extremely damaged by rust. However, understand how to get rust stains out of the carpet and restore its look.
Make sure to remove the source of the rust before proceeding further.
- Lemon juice and salt
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- Mix the lemon juice and salt in a bowl
- Dip a towel in the mixture
- Place the towel on the stained area and let the solution soak until it is saturated.
- Let it sit for about five minutes. To lighten the stain
- Rinse with a wet towel
- Blot the area with a dry towel and let it air dry naturally.
- 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar
- ¼ Cup baking soda
- 3% Hydrogen peroxide
- Mix the cream of tartar and baking soda in a bowl
- Add the hydrogen peroxide to the mixture until you form a thick paste
- Apply the mixture to the stained area and leave it for about 30 minutes
- Wipe off the paste from the carpet using a wet towel
- Rinse the area with cold water and a towel and let it air dry completely
- Scrape loose rust from the carpet using a scraper
- Vacuum any residues
- Mix equal parts dishwashing solution and water in a bowl
- Bloat the affected area
- Pour the dishwashing solution and let it sit for about 10 minutes
- Place paper towels over the stain and press gently
- Change the paper towels until all the rust is absorbed
- Rinse the stained area with a wet towel
- Leave the carpet to air dry
- Bloat the spot with a towel soaked in vinegar
- Sprinkle some salt all over the stain and leave it to soak for about 30 minutes
- Press a dry towel over the affected area to absorb the wetness
- Vacuum the area to remove the excess salt
- Wipe the area with a wet cloth and let it air dry
Unfortunately, some rust stains can be hard to eliminate. If so, use this product to get the rust out of the carpet.
This is a heavy-duty gel stain remover. It guarantees efficient results for tough rust carpet stains. Also, use this product for all your interior and exterior applications, including outdoor carpets.
The best part is you do not need to scrub the stain after applying this product.
You can efficiently get rid of rust stains with kitchen home remedies. However, consider iron out spray gel stain remover if the stain is persistent. Iron out stain remover guarantees original carpet restoration.