How to Clean a Wool Rug
📅 December 27, 2021•
⏱️2 min read
Wool rugs are attractive floor additions in the home. These particular rugs will not only accentuate the look of your home. Wool rugs are unique, easy to maintain, and affordable.
As a homeowner, you should know the necessary cleaning techniques. So, you should follow the correct procedure whether you are using commercial stain cleaning products or home remedies.
Fortunately, this article will look at how to clean a wool rug.
Wool rugs are prone to stubborn stains. But here are a few most common organic and non-organic stains of them all.
- Nail polish
- Pet urine
Note that with the correct step-by-step guide or commercial products, you can eliminate all these stains.
You need to identify the particular stain on the wool rug before you decide to clean it. Also, you should know there are many different approaches homeowners use to clean a wool rug.
However, here are the most effective universal cleaning techniques that guarantee successful results.
Non-organic stains can be eliminated with this universal step-by-step process
- First, shake off the carpet to remove loose debris
- Vacuum the carpet
- Mix equal parts detergent and water
- Gently scrub the stained spot
- Rinse with sufficient water
- Blot the stained spot and allow it to dry
Organic stains can be eliminated with this universal step-by-step process
- Wipe the wet organic waste with a dry cloth
- Blot the stained spot with a wet sponge or paper towel
- Mix equal parts baking soda and white vinegar or dishwashing solution and water
- Gently blot the stained spot
- Scrub gently
- Rinse with adequate water
- Allow the carpet to dry before vacuuming
The best universal products for cleaning non-organic stains
This particular product helps eliminate tough non-organic stains and odors from the carpet. The natural enzyme in this formula will not damage the wool fibers nor will it leave behind stains on your carpet.
This is a universal carpet cleaning shampoo that eliminates tough stains on the carpet. The fast-acting formula in this product will get rid of coffee stains, ketchup, sauce, dirt, and many more organic stains.