How to Get Slime Out of Carpet
📅 December 22, 2021•
⏱️2 min read
Slime can be in the form of organic or non-organic ingredients. Additionally, you can get slime on your carpet in different ways.
You should know how to deal with slime when you have it on your carpet.
This article looks at the most effective ways of getting slime out of your carpet.
Using ice cubes can effectively get the dirty slime on your carpet.
- Take enough ice cubes from the freezer.
- Put the ice cubes on the slime for 15 minutes to freeze it
- Scrap off the slime when it freezes completely
- Vacuum the stained spot
This is another home remedy solution to get slime from the carpet effectively.
- Mix the vinegar with warm water. (1 part water and 2 parts vinegar)
- Add the solution to the slime using a spray bottle and allow it to soak completely
- Take a medium-density brush and gently scrub the slime.
- Use a dry towel to clean the stained spot after it is slightly dry
- Vacuum the carpet
- Add two parts dishwashing soap with 2 parts warm water on a spray bottle
- Carefully spray the solution onto the slime
- Repeat this process until the slime is spongy or porous
- Dub the slime with a paper towel/sponge
- Rinse the stained spot with warm water and allow the carpet to dry naturally
If the slime is still present, you need to consider slime removing products. Luckily, there are one product to consider.
Get rid of stubborn and tough slime stains on your carpet, furniture upholstery, and cloth fabrics with this eco-friendly wax stain remover.
The non-toxic formula will not react with carpet fabrics or your skin.
Lastly, dilute this stain remover with 3 parts of water before using it on light stains. On the other hand, you should use undiluted stain remover if the slime stains are hard.
Slime can be in the form of different organic and non-organic items. But note that it is usually hard to get rid of the entire slime when it gets on the carpet fabric or any upholstery.
Nowadays, there are a few slime stain-removing products on the market. But Elmer's glue kids slime remover will get rid of the stubborn slime stains and leave your carpet looking new and smelling fresh once again.