How to Get Ketchup Out of Carpet
📅 February 21, 2022•
⏱️2 min read
Today, ketchup is a special ingredient for most delicacies. Many people prefer ketchup on hamburgers, french fries, and hotdogs. Unfortunately, you can accidentally spill ketchup on the carpet.
Removing ketchup stains can be challenging without the correct step-by-step guide or DIY process.
Luckily, here are step-by-step guides on how to get ketchup out of the carpet.
- Scrape off the excess ketchup with a spoon
- Use the cloth to blot the affected area until ketchup residue comes off
- Mix 1 teaspoon dishwashing soap and 1 cup of water in a bucket
- Apply the solution over the stain with the sponge
- Gently work on the stain (from outside to the inside)
- Soak a towel in cold water and dab the area
- Use a paper towel to absorb the water from the carpet
- Again, dab the area until the dampness disappears
Pro-Tip: Use 3% hydrogen peroxide or 1 teaspoon ammonia + ½ cup warm water for persistent stains.
- Blot the area with a towel to remove large ketchup
- Squeeze enough lemon on the stained area until it soaks
- Sprinkle some salt over the stained area and let it sit for about 2 hours
- Mix 1 part white vinegar and 3 parts warm water in a bucket
- Gently rub the area with a sponge until the stain begins to disappear
- Rinse the carpet
- Blot the area with enough paper towel
Use the following products on stubborn ketchup stains.
- This product removes stains and protects the carpet fibers
- It will leave your carpet smelling fresh
- Resolve Carpet Cleaner works on stains, including ketchup and tomato sauce
How to use: Spray over the stain and let it sit for 3 minutes before gently rubbing the spot.
- The product is among the leading cleaners with several 5-star reviews
- It is eco-friendly, biodegradable, and non-toxic.
How to use: Spray Miss Mouth’s Messy Eater over the ketchup stain and let it sit for about 20 minutes before rinsing it off.
- The product guarantees effective outcomes on ketchup and tomato sauce stains
- It protects and works on different carpet fabrics
- Removes ketchup stain in less than 5 minutes
Kids can accidentally spill ketchup on your carpet while enjoying their snacks. Luckily, you can eliminate the stains with the above-discussed guide.