How to Get Oil Out of Carpet
📅 January 03, 2022•
⏱️2 min read
Vacuuming the carpet will not eliminate the oil stain. Oil on the carpet fibers can be hard to remove without the recommended technique. This is because of its chemical properties that tightly bond with the carpet fibers.
Note that you can damage the carpet fibers if you do not use the correct method. Luckily, there are a few techniques you should use to get the oil out of the carpet.
This is the first technique you should try. But proceed to the other steps if it does not work effectively.
- Mix 1 part mild dishwashing solution with 1 part distilled white vinegar to 2 parts warm water in a dish/container.
- Dip a dry cloth in this solution until it is damp
- Blot the oil stain with a damp cloth. Repeat the process until the oil stain begins to disappear
- Blot the stain with a dry cloth or sponge
- Rinse with warm water
- Allow the carpet to dry
If the above technique did not guarantee the result you wanted, you should use this particular method i. It is a more progressive cleaning technique that guarantees effective outcomes.
- Sprinkle enough baking soda on the oil-stained area. Allow the baking soda to sit for at least 24 hours if the oil is in excess.
- Vacuum the stained spot
- Mix ½ part mild dishwashing solution with 1 part white vinegar + warm water in a spray can
- Gently spray the area until it is saturated.
- Gently scrub the stained spot with a toothbrush and let it soak for approximately 10 minutes.
- Rinse with enough warm water
- Blot the stain with a dry cloth
- Let the carpet air dry naturally
Here are two products to pick if the above steps do not work.
This is a specially designed formula that works on fresh grease and oil stains on the carpet and upholstery. It removes stubborn cooking oil, butter, and most grease-based stains.
Spot Beater instant carpet spot remover is an instant oil and grease stain remover for carpet and upholstery spills.
It is also a water based non-flammable spot remover that eliminates grease, oil, shoe polish grime, lipstick, blood, and animal stains from the carpet.
Just spray and blot spot Beater without scrubbing the stain.
All the discussed techniques here guarantee successful outcomes. Thus, always remember to test the chemicals when working with mild detergents.
Do not use chemicals that are harsh to the carpet fabrics. Some chemicals will leave permanent stain markings on the carpet.