How to Get Ink Out of Carpet
📅 December 30, 2021•
⏱️2 min read
You can accidentally get ink on your carpet fabric. Fortunately, there are many home remedies and over-the-counter products to help you remove the ink from the carpet when this happens.
Today, ink stain removers are available in several brands and formulas. Most of these products guarantee effective results. Other products, on the other hand, can leave an unpleasant chemical smell on the carpet fabric or even discolor the fabric.
In this article, we will look at 4 natural and efficient techniques to use when eliminating ink from the carpet.
- Mix equal parts of water and vinegar in a spray can
- Lightly soak the ink-stained spot with warm water using a sponge or paper towel
- Spray the stain spot with the solution making sure to cover the entire spot
- Let it soak for approximately 5 to 10 minutes
- Rinse the area with enough warm water
- Allow the stained area to dry before vacuuming
- Dilute the ink-stained area with warm water
- Use a paper towel or any sponge or any other similar cloth to blot the stain
- Sprinkle enough baking soda on the stain and leave it for about 2 minutes
- Add diet ginger ale to the baking soda and leave it to break down the ink properties
- Gently scrub the stain spot with a medium-density toothbrush
- Blot the stained area with warm water
- Rinse and allow the carpet to dry.
Here are two stain removing products to pick if the above steps do not work.
Amodex is a non-toxic solvent-based ink stain remover that guarantees effective results. This product is safe for use at home.
Amodex is also an effective multipurpose product that can clean crayons, permanent markers, and makeup markings on furniture upholstery and carpet fabric.
Carbona stain devil is a tough stain remover that eliminates tough ink and crayon stains on carpet fabrics.
This product is easy to use and guarantees effective results. You do not need to add any additional solvents to this product. It is easy and ready to use. Also, you can use it more than once on stubborn ink stains.
You can get ink stains from your carpet with the correct steps. Luckily, this guide has looked at four effective methods to use. Two natural home remedies and two commercial products.
Get all stubborn ink stains from any carpet fabric with these products.