How to Get Eggs Out of Carpet
📅 April 19, 2022•
⏱️2 min read
Eggs will occasionally spill on the carpet and become challenging to remove. Nonetheless, it is possible to remove eggs from the carpet and restore the carpet’s look with the correct guide.
Follow these steps to remove the egg stain from the carpet;
- Scoop the excess egg from the carpet using a spoon or butter knife
- Blot the area with a damp cloth
- Mix 1 tablespoon of dishwashing detergent with 2 cups of water
- Gently scrub the area using a clean sponge.
- Rinse the sponge in dishwashing solution, then scrub again
- Repeat the process until the stickiness disappears
- Blot the area with a dry towel to absorb the excess water
TIP: Use warm water for dried eggs and cold water for fresh egg stain.
Eliminate the stain after removing the excess egg from the carpet.
Here are a few home remedies to remove egg stains from the carpet.
- Mix 1 cup ammonia with 2 cups warm water in a bowl
- Dip a cloth in the solution
- Blot the area to remove egg stain
- Repeat step 1 and 2 until the egg stains disappear completely
- Rinse the area with enough cold water
- Dab the area with a dry towel to soak the excess water
- Vacuum to dry
- Mix ¼ cup of white vinegar with 1 cup of warm water
- Gently scrub the egg stain with a sponge
- Continue until all the stains disappear
- Rinse the area with a damp cloth
- Blot then vacuum the carpet
- Mix hydrogen peroxide and warm water in a ratio of 1:3
- Spray or pour the mixture over the stain
- Let it sit in for a few minutes
- With a dry cloth, blot the area using hydrogen peroxide
- Let the carpet air dry
Alternatively, use the following commercial products to remove egg stains from the carpet.
This commercial product removes egg yolk and egg white stains from the carpet. It is also gentle on your carpet fibers.
What’s a better way to remove egg stains than Grandma’s secret product?
Grandma’s secret spot remover eliminates sticky egg stains. Especially raw egg stains.
It also works on tough stains like oil and grease.
Try the above home remedies, or commercial products to effectively remove eggs from the carpet.
The above discussed techniques guarantee successful outcomes.